frank olson music

frank olson music
My Website!

Line 6 Pod HD 500X Video demos, and will it work for gigs?

The Line 6 Pod HD500X has lots of features, but what does it offer to gigging musicians?  

As a working musician, I'm constantly being faced with the question of whether to bring vintage gear to gigs.  Despite the cool factor, it's often cumbersome to bring a myriad of vintage pedals to a gig, especially when you'll be walking 10-15 blocks to and from the subway.

So, for the price of about 2.5 boutique pedals, or 4 or 5 well manufactured mass-produced ones- Reverb pedal, Distortion pedal, chorus pedal, Compressor? (Don't forget to buy a decent tuner...)  I decided to take the leap and (re)learn how to use a multi fx pedal again.

So far I've been pleased with the results and I've now got a myriad of (useful!) FX and amp models.   Ultimately, I was interested in a stomp box modeler to replace my current pedal chain.  I also often record demos which mainly use a "direct guitar" or DI scenario.  It works well for that purpose too.  In any given "pedal board" setup I use, The HD500X has proven to be more than worth the money paid.

So here are a couple of videos demonstrating some of the amps and effects that the pedal has to offer.    These feature some of the tube amp models and vintage fx that the Pod HD has become known for.






 
I love vintage gear and I often use it to achieve tones that inspire me.  Maybe this isn't the "perfect" choice for everyone, but I hope it will inspire musicians to be creative and open minded about gear!  Perhaps there is a pedal, amp, guitar, drum that will inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment